Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11



I remember what I was doing when our world changed forever. God Bless America

September 11, 2001

Out of the clear blue skyI saw thousands die.
I saw people jump to their death.
I saw America hold its breath.

I saw the sadness of the world.
I saw the flag at half staff furled.
I saw the grief of a President.
I saw America lose its innocence.
I see the towers fall in my mind.
I think I've seen it a hundred times.
I saw America cry and pray.
I will never forget that horrible day.

I saw acts of the most evil kind.
I know we can never turn back time.
I'll remember those who fight to save
Freedom, in the land of the brave.


Even in our darkest moments in time, we can know God is with us. "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:35, 38-39).


Dear God, thank you that even in tragic times when the world is falling down around us, we are conquerors through Him who loved us!

No comments: