Monday, March 7, 2011

Greece for a month or so maybe??!!






We are staying about an hour outside Athens Greece and I am extremely happy to be here. I will be trying to post everyday that we are here I really want to share this adventure.

So the plane ride over really was bad. No other way of putting it. We flew that same flight before and it bad that time as well. Note to self never ever book that flight again.

We arrived in Athens on Sunday and with very little rest on the plane I was exhausted. Grabbed a cab from the airport could barely stay awake for the 1 1/2 to the island we are staying on. The rooms weren't ready but the resort is beautiful. Once the rooms are ready I go straight to sleep, slept so hard I thought it was the next day when I woke up, but it was still Sunday. That night the resort was having a car~ni~val party so we attended it. I thought it was a cross between Mardi Gras and Halloween. Children were dressed in costumes and so were a few adults. It was really a neat experience glad we went.

Now everyone know I am not a cold weather gal, and I knew before we got here that it is still winter time in Europe. So I was a little prepared. It snowed for 2 days which was fine because jet lag all I did was sleep.

Thursday is the first day I feel good, which if you know me then you know that is really good probably a record for me getting over jet lag. Whoo Hoo!!!

I woke up about 4:00am and after James went to work, went to the gym for 2 hours man that was great. I feel good today. Hope it last. lol

Our suite is nice, and I am going to love not cooking for the whole time we are here. The food is great too. We went to the small town close to the resort and bought fresh fruit. The resort cleared out the mini bar so that we could use it for our food. We have a sea view and mountain view room it is beautiful.

Gotta love Europe like Egypt you can go into a pharmacy and by prescriptions over the counter. I was running low on one and they have the brand name here. yay!!

Our plan is to spend every weekend we are here sit seeing. I cant wait to post our adventure hope you enjoy!!

No comments: